Monday, September 19, 2011

The Muse

Pour like rain

Muse

Splashing words off my lips

Parched

To feel your breath on my mouth - expanding my lungs.

I lay in silence

Empty gasps, crushing my insides

Enveloped by your mystique

The fire in your eyes

Fighting a glance in your direction

Terrified of the burn. But needing the connection.

A single stroke of your skin - lightning, crisp air

Time seems to tiptoe in this space, holding every inch of me in stillness

Knowing in a moment, it will be over, my body screams for you to remain here with me.

Let’s play, let’s laugh, make me young again.

Thunder...disconnect.

WAIT!

I see something in you

That calls me to you

And though I try to push it into the earth

My fingertips are bloody from war with you

A deep ache

My friend

Is that what we are? Friends?

Enemies?

Or are we one?

The nature of the elements stirring in us both,

Merging us through creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on topic are welcomed and appreciated. No phishing, no spamming, no trolling. Stay on topic or will be moderated and deleted.